The Young Academy of Europe is a dynamic and innovative group of top European young scientists with outspoken views about science and science policy.
- Science Policy: The YAE acts as a voice for young researchers by actively reaching out to policy makers in an attempt to influence science policy and contribute to the development of a European science agenda for the coming decades;
- Evidence-based policy: The YAE endorses evidence-based policy across all European countries, and its members comprising internationally recognized scientists and scholars across all disciplines seek to actively contribute their expertise towards this goal;
- Networking: Efficient communication of the YAE’s activities is a key component to strengthening the solidarity and networking amongst exceptional young researchers in Europe in order to create a pool of information, pass on experience, give feedback, and provide active support to colleagues across Europe and future generations of leading scientists;
- Science Communication: The YAE encourages young scientists to communicate their research to the general public in Europe, in particular scientific and scholarly issues which affect society, quality of life and standards of living;
- Interdisciplinary exchange: The YAE aims at functioning as a European platform fostering interdisciplinary and international scientific exchange, collaboration, and knowledge transfer amongst its members and beyond borders.
- Unconscious bias: The selection of new members for the Young Academy of Europe, the elections of members to serve on its board, and the award of prizes by the Academy should be carried out objectively and professionally. Click here to download unconscious bias file.